Sunday, May 4, 2008

nueva ecija

I went on an excursion a couple of days ago to somewhat alleviate me from the impending boredom brought forth by the long weekend. I went to nueva ecija – home of the natives and freakishly huge, huge guavas. I’ve no idea about their specialty or famous landmark but those are the things that I remembered the most.

During the trip, I asked myself “will the 3-4 hour trip to nueva ecija be worth it?”. Midway to the extraction point, I wasn’t disappointed at what I saw. I was literally one with the towering mountains! And of course, having the digital camera, I took a lot of shots. One of the reasons for this trip is to mainly explore and practice my “photography skills” and see if I got the “touch”. Arriving at the destination, a crystal clear, free-flowing rapid of the lake beckons right before my very eyes! I was so psyched that I immediately scour the place to look for the perfect backdrop! 80% of my stay on the place was spent on taking nothing but fantastic photos both of the panoramic view and the locals. The other 20% was for the exploration and bathing on the rapids.

As I was taken by the place, my mind poked at me telling me to stay there either for a couple of months or for good. This was mainly because of the simplicity of their lifestyle. Sure they don’t have the towering skyscrapers but who needs them when you’ve got the whole mountain for yourself. They don’t have any malls or convenient store but who needs them when you can literally pick the up the foods that you want. And they most definitely not have any technological gadgets but my digital camera will suffice and I’ll never get tired of capturing the shots brought forth by the atmosphere. I already asked a local there (though on a friendly banter) if they are willing to help me should I decide to stay there. Surely enough, their reply was “we will take you and feed you should you decide to stay here.” I told this fact that am thinking to the photographer. I told her head-on that if I’d stay there either for a couple of months or for good, will she be sad. And she expressed her thoughts on my take on things and pour her emotions on what I told her and the rest was an evening of emotional sh*t.

I decided to head back home together with the experience that was well worth of the 4-hour trip.

No comments: