Wednesday, May 28, 2008

my sassy girl goes western

The phenomenal Korean hit my sassy girl will now make its way to the western market – as a remake. Girl next door’s elisha cuthbert will play the girl’s role and jesse bradford as gyeon woo.

I dunno if this western remake will live up to the psych and success that the original has. But based on the forums that I’ve been in… well… let’s just say they are less excited with this film. I even heard someone saying he’ll just download the film via torrent. Haven’t watched the trailer myself so I can’t comment on this one but I think I’ll let this one pass or I’ll just stream or download this version of the movie…

Sorry elisha…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT!! Elisha as the girl? I don't think it matches at all ...

Anyway, I think it'd be weird o_o Remakes are often less successful, in my opinion.

Plus, I think Korean movies are always more dramatic (their reactions, etc.), especially the girls; so it'd be plain weird to see Western people playing this movie. But of course, that's because I'm comparing ...

Haha but still, I think it's weird.

jexamine said...

i definitely agree with you. elisha is a badass chick but not nearly as badass as jeon ji hyun.. *sigh*.. though i hate to say this but i think this movie will be a disaster >_<