Wednesday, April 23, 2008

a window to a new and better perspective

After 88 years worth of waiting, I finally got my claws on my very own digital camera. This is the very first photography equipment that I OWN. The digital camera that I bought ain’t that high-end nor spectacular but at least now that I own one, I can just take some pictures away whenever I deemed necessary!

Upon receiving this early Christmas gift, I took a shot of the cybergate tower and I was satisfied with what I had (with regards to the shot and how the camera took it). It’s no DSLR but I wanna use this camera as if it was one. I wanna maximize the cam’s functions and use it to its fullest. The shots that I will have will most certainly suffer (concerning with the lighting and stuff) but am planning to take a couple of shots in different angles. I played with the cam’s exposure and the different flashes for me to see which setting will fit the scenario that I have in mind. Am planning to take some sunrise/sunset shots on the following weeks and we’ll just see how it will turn out. Am planning to hone my skill on this genre (even with a digital camera in hand) and hopefully I can venture more on this department. Photography here in the Philippines ain’t considered as a profession as compared to other places but this is what I want to do (for the moment).

Here’s the cam that I bought (and is yet to be paid)… I like the wide 3-inch display.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nikon's a good brand. i've "co-owned" several nikons (s7c and D40) and they never failed me. visit my photo blog, hehe

http://tanawko.blogspot.com/

jexamine said...

thanks vera ^__^.. am gonna try it out hopefully this weekend