Thursday, April 17, 2008

What’s in a dream!?

“I’ve been havin these dreams lately… like, is any of these for real… or not!?”
                                                                - Sora (Kingdom Hearts I)



If a dream is the gateway to a man’s soul, does that mean I have one (a soul that is)!? And if that be true, then what does my soul hold? What’s it screamin about!? And in the first place, what is a soul?! How do I use mine?

Come into my dreams and see my soul….


A couple of weeks ago
I’ve trouble in sleeping (as usual) and my bags are as dark as the void in my heart. When I finally had my blissful slumber, I arrived in an unknown land commonly referred to as the dreamland. It is in here that I saw the jennesis’ face once again! After decades of not seeing each other, here she is, standing in front of me. I once again saw her smile which I dubbed “a smile that can give strength to the faintest”, her illuminating radiance brought forth by the serenity of her voice and her long, pitch-black locks. It is in here that we spend our time together with nothing in our heads: no commitment, no worries, no nothing… just good ol’ plain fun… I looked at her face the whole night and kept on gently smiling… this scenario eventually repeated itself for the next few days…

Last week
Upon arriving at the dreamland, I immediately searched for the jennesis but I wasn’t able to find her. Instead, I saw dazzling display of color, life and character. I was easily drawn to this vibrant aura and had forgotten about the lost jennesis. As I traverse this illuminated pass, a figure so familiar came right before my very eyes. I saw her at the photoworld asia where she strutted her stuff, I came about her profile in a cosplay site and I finally got the chance to personally see her and take some pictures during the recent ozinefest… yes! It was the cheerful and vibrant riadox07. I was awed and humbled by her presence (both in the dreamland and real life). We cosplayed and costripped all throughout the night. I fixated my eyes on her for the longest of time as this maybe the closest that am gonna get to her.

Last night
Being so excited on filing my resignation, I fell asleep with this thought in mind. When my sub-conscious reached the dreamland, a stage beckons right in front of me. Upon arrival, I found out that it is our team’s (my colleague here in the office) presentation. I first saw Kathrine with a question and answer type of layout which she answered effortlessly (as always and because it was scripted). As a finale, a video presentation was shown and it is in there that I found out that I am the one that made the entire presentation with me as the protagonist. I couldn’t possibly watch the presentation that I myself made, probably fear of the audience’s reaction but it turned out OK. Upon waking up and being back in the 3-d real life, I thought to myself “I sure am gonna miss those guys once I bid adieu”.


Now what do you see in my soul? And as Sora said and I quote “is any of these for real… or not!?”.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dreams are complicated haha.

I remember a couple of months ago, I was super stressed out with school. And I couldn't sleep well at all--I had so many weird dreams. More than once, I dreamt about school, from failed grades to awards. That just proves how stressed I was! Ugh.

This girl (in your first 2 dreams) must be important to you, eh? Hehe.

jexamine said...

i guess these 2 girls are precious to me that's why they keep on haunting my dreams hahahaa.. but they are the ones that will never ever be mine *sigh*.. i can only see and feel them in my dreams *sigh again*..