Monday, March 10, 2008

a weekend worth livin

A lot of things and events transpired this week and am so fortunate to be at the right place, at the right time (well at least in my opinion).

Saturday
afternoon, as planned, I went to a nearby mall to buy a sneakers since the one am using before gave up on a ride at enchanted kingdom (theme park). It cost me almost all of my Christmas bonus which meant that for the first time since I started workin here at assenteuex, I finally used my Christmas bonus (before kasi, it was in the form of gift certificate). Before I bought the sneakers, I did some canvassing with regards to the NDS lite and r4 and sadly they are also out of stock *sigh*… played time crisis at quantum and I basically sucked!! It’s not my fault! It’s that crappy hand-gun that won’t function well! When I got home, every one’s excited since this be the day na mamamanhikan yunng boyfriend of my cousin. It’s basically asking for the parent’s go signal for them to marry ^__^

Sunday
I had an inner feud whether or not attend the pogs convention at trinoma. I sez to myself that if it rained (and it did), I’ll cancel the convention thing. We had a freakish weather yesterday: one minute it’s raining then it’ll stop then it will rain again… long story short, I ended up going to the convention ^__^… I arrived there at almost 3 pm (conventions starts at 9 a.m. and ends at 9 p.m.). I did a detour on comic alley (store that sells anime stuff including those for cosplayers) to see if there’s something new. To my surprised, I found an akatsuki cape and bought it right away! It costs me 1.3k but for me, it’s all worth it!! I arrived at the convention (well I really didn’t pay for the entrance since it’s like an “open field”… the downside though is that since am “outside” I didn’t have any souvenir pictures or loot bags /sob) just in time for the cosplay catwalk! I saw a few familiar faces from the h3 con like lee shaoran (card captor sakura) and misa which wore a different costume. The theme for the pogs event is the online games of levelup games but there are those that wore costumes ranging from devil may cry 3 to bleach. There were few cosplayers (about 30 in my estimate) as compared to h3 and there were a couple of “visually appealing” costumes as well like the one that did the gypsy costume (which won 3rd place), the elf, the matrix (complete with an on-stage torid kiss)… and oh did I mention the chick that did the gypsy costume ^__^

Today
Remember the akatsuki cape that I bought from the event yesterday!? Well, am wearing it now!! I’m literally cosplaying in the office!! When I got here, immediate reaction was either laugh or astonishment but mostly laugh ^__^… some immediately sez “what the hell do you think you’re doin man?” and “dude naka-drugs ba u?”… It really felt like cosplaying (minus the pictures since am at the office) in a sense that every where I go, a couple of heads will turn! So this is how it felt! For sure many will think that am a weirdo dressed up like this since office is not in the list of anime convention but I’d like to start small. I mean I’d like to start in a small audience, how I mingle with them in this costume will determine whether or not I will cosplay… but so far, the experience is… mixed hehehe… since its fairly new to me, I felt conscious of course but utterly overwhelmed and enjoy!!

No comments: