Friday, March 14, 2008

sudden surge of inspiration

As most of you know, almost all of the sites that I browse/visit using the company’s internet are either blocked or the page doesn’t display right (e.g. no css, no background nor images). One thing that is worth noting yesterday is that a peer showed me a “work-around” to access all the sites that are blocked by the websense catcher. I tried it, and it works (to my amazement)!!! I immediately accessed the cosplay.ph website to know the low-down on the upcoming OZINEFEST to be held at SM Megamall this coming April 4 and 5. Afterwards, I accessed my yahoo mail and was in awe when I read a email regarding a job offer and a relocation to Baguio city! I soooo wanted the job but I told the company that I am still bounded in Accenture until july of the current year and I doubt if they’ll be contacting me any time soon. Now all of these don’t make any sense in relation to the title of this post ne!? well earlier today, seeing that I can pretty much access any site of my bidding, I began on surfing the cosplay.ph site and a peer here sent me a link that contains some cosplay review and a phenomenal cosplayer known as alodia gosiengfiao! A picture is worth a thousand words and most definitely, you’ll be speechless once you see and admire her in her chosen costume! I found her deviantart account and just saw how expressive and artistic this girl really is (not to mention a couple of excellent shots! Kudos to the photographer). While on the deviantart site, I searched for james florentino’s account to see what he is up to nowadays. I wasn’t disappointed on what I saw. Though there have been no updates on his official site, its clear that he’s still doing what he does best – flash, photography, design, artistry and pretty much anything and everything in between. What caught my attention were his initial pix, specially the one labeled as resurrection. So damn expressive and rather timely ^_^… in my eyes, james had been and still is one of the pillars of flash dev/design here in the Philippines. From one pillar to another, nico cardenas is a friend that I met online via forums. Now here’s a guy that (in my opinion) is pretty much who I once was – very competitive (in a good way), confident and really knows the stuff that he is talking about. Nico is one of those emerging flash dev/designers (which they now coined as devigners) that doesn’t hesitate to share and help others. I visited his site and came about a post regarding his experimental particle theory using flash as his medium. Upon seeing the effects, I was like “sugoi-ness!!!”… in the eyes of many pros, the effect may seem rather subtle and simple but I can’t really explain what I felt… better see for yourself ^_^…

I dunno what happened, but all of these chains of event suddenly triggered sumthing deep inside that had been dormant for quiet a long time.

It made me realized who I once was: a struggling and passionate web and flash designer that loves photography and poetry

And pointed out what I’ll never be: a java developer (java-man as termed here in the office)

But broaden the perspective of the future: cosplay conventions, photography and blogging.

Hopefully, from here on now, I can become the “entity” that I once was. This dim light should be well protected so as I can catch up with my fellow runners: padlock, stacy, goodygood and admire those that are above us (senpai): james florentino, nico cardenas but not forgetting that we share common visions, common interests and passion: anime, action figs, design, photography. While having the time of our lives, enjoying and savoring OUR moment: cosplay

No comments: