Tuesday, January 13, 2009

File association prob

With all the new programs available out there either via download (direct or torrent) or purchase, we tend to have a handful of software that we rarely know what to do. What’s worst is that these software actually mess up which files open with what program. Right now, this is the dilemma that I am having. I have multiple programs that does the same thing and it’s becoming really annoying thinking about which of them should open a specific file type. This could have been avoided if only I just stayed at what I have. I mean I installed tons and tons and tons of programs just to be “in” and just to “go with the flow” and now my desktop is all messed up! I am thinking of reblasting my desktop but I am really concerned of the files that I haven’t backed up yet. I have certain file extensions that I dunno which program can open- File Extension BIN, File Extension DLL. Good thing though that I have a copy of utorrent that I used to open those File Extension TORRENT.

I am still having a hard time whether to do a reformat or not. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Umm just format your computer and backup all your files; who cares about the extensions haha. I have no clue with computer stuff :P. I just format my harddrive every year, cus like you said, too many stuff in the comp and it'll make the computer really slow. :)