Monday, June 9, 2008

the ordeal!! the ordeal!!!

I went to the dentist today for a new set of dentures as the one am wearing is now crappy. This is the second time that I went to a dentist and the first one went really, really well but for some reason, today’s visit was….. different. As the dentist called my name, I went in and sat on his dentist-ish chair. We were chattin and from my observation, this is his way to make the victims… eerrr patients feel at ease. I’ve no problem at all since this is my second session and we started the “tweaking process”. He pulled out my false teeth, a little touch here and there and voila! Afterwards he told me that he needs to clean and “restructure” the rest of my teeth needing some anesthesia to make them feel numb. Upon knowing this, I almost literally fainted! The dentist told me that I look like sh*t, like a half-dead something. I looked pale, like my blood was sucked out by a vampire. To put it simply – I did look like sh*t. after a couple of minutes or so, we resume the “massacre” but he told me that we’ll just skip the anesthesia part and just rake my teeth out. And so it was done – at one corner, a set of life-reducing and pain-inflicting dentist-ish tools and on the other side was a helpless and lifeless sets of teeth. The ordeal wasn’t so bad for I have a high threshold for pain. The “operation” went for more than 60 minutes and pppoooofff!! We are done! I still have to go back this coming Thursday for my new set of dentures to be put on m rotten mouth!

Note: am only doing this so I can have my dentures fixed for free! Yep! Accenture will pay for my brand spankin new dentures!

No comments: