Thursday, August 20, 2009

left hanging


edits: none
subject: mango (ddddduuuuuhhhh)
location: mango farm!?


“by the way, my name’s Gabriel.”

I was in utter disbelief when I heard her say this. Is fate toying with me once again!? What are the odds that a stranger will call at night?! Probably fairly high. But what are the chances that this stranger’s name is that of the one’s in my dream?!

“hello!? Are you still there?” as she double checks.

As retard as I am, I told her
“am sorry… what was your name again!?”

“Gabriel. Want me to spell that out for you!?” she said while laughing.

Then I told Gabriel about the dream that I had. I had to speed things up for I felt that we haven’t much time.

“what are the odds of that!?” she fondly said after all the things were said and done.
“so are you saying that I am this Gabriel? Deliverer of your pain and anguish?!”

“on the contrary” as I told her
“right now, on this gloomy day, you actually gave me a reason to smile. By the way I am je…”

and I was left hanging as the phone beeps. Our time was up just when I was about to tell her my name. I am clueless as to what to do next. One part is bugging me to call her but the flip-side is saying “hold on romeo”. I was staring point blank on my phone when my fingers reminded me of my coffee. It has the same distinct aroma only this time around, it tastes that much sweeter. My mind is poking at me – feeding me with a lot of images and what if scenarios of this new found Gabriel

“does she only have one wing like me!?” as I started a monologue
“or was she able to finally fly only to have her wings broken in the end?”

beyond borders, across that horizon, a gabriel actually exists and found her way into my life. I took a sip of my coffee when I felt a vibrating thingy and I anticipated as the phone showed the ID

“sori we got cut-off. Am at work ryt now but feel free 2 txt me if u have some time. By the way stranger hehe can I have ur name?”

normal situation would be automatic – I’ll give her my name and stuff but I paused and think and started a monologue yet again

“which name to give her? Certainly not jayp nor japz – too lame. Jexamine and jex are of significant value to me. Hhhhmmmm… so which one!?”

being indecisive that I am, it took me a couple of minutes to properly compose a message that actually has sense.

angel, you can call me jex”
then I pressed send. Immediately, I found myself reading her reply.

ANGEL?!

Aaminin ko
Sa lahat ng taong nandirito
Aaminin ko
Ikaw pa rin ang hinahanap ko

1 comment:

bulos88 said...

jex? sound like *tutut*