Saturday, August 8, 2009

crossing over


Edits: none

I felt that I needed to breathe but the sudden surge of air isn’t enough to fill this gapless void in my empty lungs. I wanted to stand up, do something… only to find out that I am now crippled and beaten to a bloody pulp until my soul itself was exposed to her merciful hands. Now, I lay here wasted with my head facing the heavens and waiting for Gabriel to smite me with his final shot. To my surprise Gabriel, having only one wing, gave me a cold stare and flew away. I was baffled for I’ve been longing for the final lightning to strike and yet here I am now, alone in this god-forsaken world.

“Was I left here to rot?” I started wondering.

Will this be my punishment for the things that I did!? The scenery ain’t pretty – there were no lush greens but rather a mountain-pile of skulls, battle-laden bodies and war-torn aspirations. There was nothing I can do. As I cry for help, countless maggots started crawling out of my mouth but it didn’t deter me from screaming, hoping that someone will hear my desperate cry. I’ve used up everything and yet my voice didn’t reach anyone or anything for that matter. All I can hear is the howling wind imposing what is imminent to happen. As I opened my eyes, the heavens lashed out a different shade. Afar, I can hear the thunders roll as the lightning struck in perfect synchronization. The light flashes as my face was covered with both light and dark hue. A smile beckons in my face as I longed for the first drop to rid me from the filth accumulated throughout my days. Beyond the horizon, my eyes spotted the very first drop but it was unlike anything that I hoped for. The first drop flaunts a crystal trail with a golden yellow glow. At first I thought my eyes was deceiving me. I tried to focus as hard as I can and fixated on this strange and eerie droplet. Crimson crows suddenly flew in unison as the lightning struck the land for the second time. Not far, the second droplet can be seen boasting a royal blue color. Not a moment too soon, the sky was filled in a dazzling display of color and fashion. I anticipated the first drop as well as the second until it finally made a touchdown. This made the battle-weary bodies shriek in agony. Without warning, the gloomy land was quickly set ablaze. There was nothing I can do as the fire slither near my broken wing. As if on cue, Gabriel intervened with his deathscythe (not far away) to which many have fallen. He spoke not a word and his face was as cold as hell as he motioned to his scythe. Helplessly, I struggle to breathe and explain my cause but to no avail. He raises his arm and this bullet of a rain stabbed my already broken heart that sets me on fire from the inside out. Not a word I muttered but my heart tirelessly scream from the agonizing pain. As Gabriel motioned for the end, he whispered something in my ear...

“this is all your doing” he sez...
“and this is only the beginning… prepare for my wrath” he continued...

He motioned opposite of me with his scythe firmly on his hand. A few ticks later, he took his stance as the royal crimson blood pours down from my eyes.

“So this is how crossing over feels like” I sez to myself.

With just a blink of an eye and a flash of light, I found the deathscythe buried deep into my skull with Gabriel flying away in his single angel wing. The next thing I knew, my phone was blinking on and off, dancing to the tune of low of solipsism.

“It was a dream!?” as I somehow try and make sense of what’s happening.

My attention then turned to the shallow blinking light and I just saw some fancy numbers. At 3 a.m. in the morn, who could be calling at a time like this?! I hesitantly reached for my phone and answered the call…

“hello!?”


Take a good look at me now, cos i'll still be standing here
and you coming back to me is against all odds
it's the chance i've gotta take

- phil collins


No comments: