Tuesday, July 1, 2008

reality check

I had a week off at work last week thus the lack of updates here in this blog. The leave was a perfect timing since there had been a lot of happenings lately. Literally each and everyday, something new and somewhat exciting always happened.

For starters, last Monday was the feast of the saint john the Baptist in our neighborhood and it’s a tradition to literally throw and bombard innocent bystanders and passerby with water (like the ritual where john baptized jesus). We have this thing called Libad wherein a procession for the “saints and figurines” by the lake will be held (via boats known as bangka). It usually starts early in the morn (like 8 or 9 a.m.) and the saint will be carried back to dry land by noon. Then another procession will ensue routing all the way to the church. I have a couple of pictures of the feast and will post them here as soon as I got my own connection at home.

Last week also marks the purchase of my new desktop wwwoooooohhhhooo!! But this also means that I am flat broke! I was accompanied by poytspot as we purchased the desktop on another store in another city. That was the first time that I bought a somewhat customized PC and I was lost and I dunno what to do. Poytspot helped me to choose the parts and after a couple of hours, I have my new and improved desktop. I won’t go into details of the specs of this new baby but I’ll give you a hint – it’s powerful enough to handle photoshop lightroom (the very reason why I bought a pimped destop)

It has been a very, very busy and entertaining last week and now am back at the office (which sucks). I just gotta hold on a little bit longer, but until then it’s misery for me…

No comments: