Thursday, January 7, 2010

an evening with liezl


edits: none
photographer: tongtong

editor's note: this entry would never even exist if it wasn't for ser meltz.

Previously:
I decided to be at SM Mall of Asia on Halloween’s eve. There, I met a girl aptly named (in some fate’s playful gesture) Liezl and her brother Alex. Being uncomfortable with her name, I dubbed Liezl as Gab. We were talking about a lot of stuff when she spontaneously offered an evening stroll with six (her mazda six car). Her family’s slowly inching their way to us as we are in contention on how we are to ask permission to them.

See the full details here

Liezl: here they come.
Liezl: *points her finger*
Jxmn: *startled*
Jxmn: really!? Do I look alright!? I mean does my hair bounce the way that it should? Do I smell ok!?
Liezl: relax!! Sheesh! Talk about being in a boiler room
Liezl: *laugh’s demonically* (figuratively speaking)
Jxmn: e d ikaw na magaling, ako na loser
Liezl: *continues her laughing “menace”*

I get all jittery and I fumble when I’m in the presence of these types of people simply because I have high regard to them. These are the people who belong to the class S of the social community tier and right now, well… I can hear my knees crumbling.

Alex: ate! Kuya!
Liezl: hey pest.
Jxmn: *nods*
Alex: Pa, kuya here fixed my gun
Alex: *smile*
Liezl: hey Pa, Ma. I was wondering when you’ll show up
Pa: tell that to your mom! We were in and out of like eight stores and she’s still undecided of what she’ll buy
Ma: *laughs*
Ma: well, look at the bright side – we’re done now and we’re here.
Pa: wait a sec. Alex, did you just said that this person here fixed your gun?!
Alex: *nods*
Pa: you mean to say……… you broke it!?
Alex: *playfully nods and keeping his distance*
Pa: come here you……

Before I knew it, Alex was already sprinting away with his dad hot on his trail. This left me, Gab and Gab’s mom on the spotlight.

Ma: sorry for that. Now where were we?!
Jxmn: *clueless+drooling*
Liezl: you know what Ma!? Sometimes I wonder why you married Pa. I mean look at him…. *chuckles*
Ma: me too hon. I wonder that myself *laughs*
Ma: so who do we have here?
Liezl: ay oo nga pala. Ma this is jexamine
Ma: je…..xa….m….ine?!
Liezl: yeah! He has a weird name no!?
Jxmn: *blush* (well I felt that I blushed)
Jxmn: *bows his head like in a Japanese way of greeting*
Liezl: jexamine my mom. Mom, jexamine.
Ma: Pa! stop chasing Alex and come here for a moment *mildly shouting*
Pa: *gasping+trying to catch his breath*
Pa: what!? I almost had him
Liezl: Pa this is jexamine. Jexamine, my dad.
Pa: *exchanges look with Ma*
Jxmn: good evening sir. Nice night we’re having today *bow’s head*
Pa: evening. Thanks for fixing my son’s toy gun. He just got it for like two hours ago.
Jxmn: no problem sir.
Pa: so are you working?
Jxmn: *caught off guard*
Liezl: *baffled*
Liezl: aahhhmmm.. Pa…. what are you doing!?
Pa: huh!? What do you mean?! I’m just trying to start a conversation here
Liezl: aaaahhmmmm…
Jxmn: yes I do sir! I’m currently working as a software engineer and right now I’m assigned in cybergate.
Pa: that’s good! Software engineer huh!? Kinda has a nice ring to it.
Pa: *smile*
Jxmn: actually sir, it’s just a fancy term that the office used for someone getting paid by staring blankly at the monitor all day.
Pa: *laughs*
Ma: Pa, it’s getting late already. We should be going on our way now. You two can chat some other time.
Pa: yeah…. I guess so…. Hey jeshamarie
Jxmn: huh!?
Liezl: jexamine pa!
Pa: yeah! Yeah! Want us to give you a lift? Where are you staying?
Liezl: *answer’s for jexamine*
Liezl: nevermind Pa. I invited him for a stroll tonight.
Jxmn: *heart thumps*
Ma: ooooooooohhhhhhh
Pa: hhhhmmmmm, so you’re not coming with us tonight Liezl?
Liezl: nnnaaahhh. I’ll just sleep at the condo
Pa: alright! Ingat sa pagmamaneho
Liezl: thanks! I will!
Pa: jeshamay
Ma: Pa you’re really getting old. His name’s jexamine
Pa: that’s what I said. The point is it’s nice meeting you and have a good one.
Jxmn: the feeling’s the same sir. Ingat po
Jxmn: *bow’s his head*
Ma: we’ll be goin Liezl, Jexamine
Jxmn: *bow’s his head*
Alex: kuya! Alis na kami. *hugs*
Jxmn: *hugs back*
Jxmn: let’s watch some anime if we meet again
Alex: really!? *eager*
Jxmn: *nods*
Liezl: go Alex! Just go
Alex: kuya you promised ha!?

I wave goodbye as their Toyota Fortuner ventures beyond. I’m still disturbed by the fast-paced turn of events. You know what I mean right!? Who on earth will offer a ride back home to a mere stranger that you just met!? I don’t know if I’m loosing it or the fact that gab and her family’s just too trusting. I didn’t even heard any complains when she told her folks that we are to take a stroll – no contention none whatsoever. My day was getting weirder and weirder by the moment. I started wondering id Shan’s offer’s still on the table. The cogs, nuts and bolts in my brain doubled their efforts but I am still left puzzled and unable to find an answer to the riddle that is Gab and her family. Then it hit me: I promised a midnight stroll with Gab – a Liezl (on her own right) but not the one that I sorely long for. I can’t think of anything else and frankly, from that point on, I don’t wanna think simply because I grew tired of doing such.

Liezl: so….. where to!?
Jxmn: I dunno. You’re the tourism student right!? You decide for us
Liezl: woah! Woah! Woah! What’s that all about!?
Jxmn: huh!?
Liezl: why are you sooooooo grouchy all of a sudden!?
Jxmn: nothing............................................. ne Gab……
Liezl: hhhmmm!?
Jxmn: you’ve one weird fam. You do realize that don’t you!?
Liezl: *sarcastic* not really… I think we blend pretty well. I think we’re normal – we look normal, we talk normal, heck we even smell normal *chuckles*
Jxmn: I’m serious!
Liezl: ok, ok! Sheesshh… fill me in
Jxmn: your folks just offered me a ride home..
Liezl: so!?
Jxmn: so!?!?! Would you do that to a person you’ve just met?
Liezl: see! They just proved my judgment
Jxmn: huh!?
Liezl: nevermind! Look, do you want this stroll or not!?
Jxmn: *drools at mazda 6*
Jxmn: sige na nga…
Liezl: on one condition though
Jxmn: gggaaahhhhh!!! May condition pa!? what is it ba?
Liezl: stop being such a grouch or else we won’t have a good time
Jxmn: *contemplating*
Jxmn: *after 18 seconds* ayt! It’s a deal then. So…… where to chief!?
Liezl: wait! Don’t you wanna get something to nibble first?
Jxmn: nope
Liezl: you sure!?
Jxmn: yeah
Liezl: you sure, sure!?
Jxmn: yeah
Liezl: ok
Jxmn: on secod thought, I wanna buy something pala
Liezl: make up your mind men *laughs*
Jxmn: ayt! Ayt!
Liezl: mall’s closed *chuckles*
Jxmn: I want something so take me to Shaw
Liezl: wwwwwaaahhhhh!! All the way to Shaw Blvd?!
Jxmn: yeah! There’s a 7-11 there, we can buy some foods.
Liezl: there’s a ministop near here, let’s just buy there plus we’ll be relieved of the hassle
Jxmn: hey! I’m the one that’s gonna pay for the gas. Let’s buy something in 7-11. do you know Richville Hotel!?
Liezl: sure I do.
Jxmn: then drive on chief.
Liezl: wait. Wait. I thought we’re goin at 7-11?
Jxmn: we are! 7-11’s just opposite that hotel

It didn’t take long for us to reach our destination. Gab already parked six and she was now already inside 7-11. I asked her to pick-out the chips, dips, booze and whatever things that she thinks we might need. I opted to just stay outside and stare at the entrance of the Richville hotel. I just stood there unfazed as my mind do what it does best – drifts afar with my own hallucination.

Liezl: ready!?

As I motioned to Gab, I was surprised as to how much things she bought. Saying that she has with her a handful of groceries is definitely an understatement.

Jxmn: aaahhhmmmmm…. Did I miss something here!?
Liezl: *confused*
Jxmn: wassup with all those groceries!? Do you really think that everything there is necessary?
Liezl: well yeah… we have a long drive ahead of us plus it’s an all night-er
Jxmn: *jaw dropped*
Liezl: hey am just curious, I kept on seeing you staring at Richville. What are you doing!? Are you counting the people that comes in and out? Oohhh! Oohhh!! I know! Is this where you spend the night!? Can I go in!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

first post for the new year huh? wow bro,. i thot wala na katuloy yung story mo noon. jesha-shamthing names made me laugh :D bro, bitin? ampf :D who'da thunk that those events would play out like that diba? :) i wonder what's going to happen to gabiezl and jeshamalamadingdong next time ;)

S